Some suggested improvements I received when testing my piece was to possibly add more of each of the shapes. As well as to possibly make the speed at which the object fall slightly faster, and to make the size of the objects more varied.
Here is the code for initialising a new object and setting the size range, of which I changed the range to random(10,30):
Changing the speed at which the objects descend has to be done in the individual classes constructor. I edited the yspeed so that objects descend and ascend slightly quicker:
I feel that these improvements have benefited my piece, highlighting the importance of carrying out user testing. I decided against turning my piece into a game as felt it would be too easy. As users could easily put out both hands and prevent the shapes from falling, like this example…
From this, I will go on to test my piece in a studio room, capturing more of the persons body rather than just the top half. Allowing me to see if there are any further refinements I could do before displaying my piece in the public space.