I have personally tested my first draft of idea to see if the programming works correctly. As I am still unsure as to what objects to use, I decided to test them all to see which works best, here are the clips showing my tests:
From the test, I found that the object orientated programming all works as expected, when they are on a white pixel, they descend, and when they reach a black pixel they ascend. I did however find that in the software icons examples, they tended to fall in groups at times which is something I will have to resolve if I choose these objects. I think the bright colours on the white background work well as they stand out and make the piece more bright and appealing. As you can see from the tests I have carried out, the brightness thresholding in each example varied slightly. The threshold level in each is the same so this is due to the different time of day and the brightness of the room. Therefore, from this I have learnt that when displaying my piece, I need to edit the threshold to a level where it would work best, to suit the brightness of public space in Weymouth House. Next, I will go on to show my pieces to users, in order to gain feedback as to which object they think works best and other improvements they may have.